5 Ways to use your Wedding Dress Shopping for Charity!
August 29, 2015 by Danielle Calhoun
As a part of our ‘5 Ways to Say YES to the Socially Conscious Dress’ series, we will be talking about 5 organizations that use your wedding dress purchase/donation to help others!
1. The Brides Project– Ann Arbor, Michigan: An upscale/resale wedding dress boutique supporting cancer survivors in the Ann Arbor area, one dress at a time! (Photo credit: Beth Joy Photography)
2. Brides Across America, Maryland: Brides Across America plays a role in making engaged military couples dreams come true by giving a military bride a free wedding gown during a Brides Across America’s Nationwide Gown Giveaway, held twice a year across the nation. Apply to receive a dress, or donate your gown here. (Below Photo via Brides Across America Site)
3. Brides for a Cause– Portland, OR : 50% of their wedding gown sales via their Road Shows/Warehouse support Wish Upon a Wedding. Find out where they will end up next here.
4. Bark Bridal Boutique– Atlanta, GA: A portion of every sale is donated to animal rescue groups in Georgia. Also, they are right across the street from the Atlanta Humane Society, so you might as well walk over and become a furever home to one lucky pup or kitty! (Photo from Bark Bridal Boutique’s Instagram)
5. Brides Against Breast Cancer– Nationwide tours, boutique based in Sarasota, FL: Brides Against Breast Cancer contributes to programs for cancer patients and their families. They have dress sales across the nation, find out when they are coming to your area here. (Photo credit: Photography by Lauryn)
Stay tuned as we chat about Fair Trade Wedding Dress Collections next week! Follow us on Instagram to get all the updates!