Thank you for your interest in donating your wedding dress! Brides for a Cause is a nonprofit organization that collects and resells wedding dresses to support charity. Funds raised from your donation will support a variety of local and national women-focused charities across the country. To date, we’ve recycled over 25,000 wedding dresses and given over $1,850,000 to charity since 2012! For more information about donating visit our FAQ page. For more information about the causes your donation will support, visit Our Cause page.
Brides for a Cause is always accepting wedding dresses year-round from brides all over the US! We accept wedding dresses 5 years and newer, as well as bridal accessories. We are not currently accepting any older/vintage dresses at this time. For more information or questions, please use our contact form or email email@example.com.
Donations can be send it via mail or in-person to any BFAC location.
Here’s A Quick How To Guide
Currently accepting dress donations within the last 5 years or newer in any style, any size, any condition.
We also accept bridal separates and bridal accessories within the past 5 years as well as special occasion dresses from the past 3 years (must be dry cleaned if worn). We do not accept prom dresses.
1) Fill Out Donation Form
- Download and complete the Donation Form.
- Include it with your donation!
- Forms are available in-store for drop-off donations.
Have a Pronovias dress? Learn more about our current partnership with Pronovias Group and our matching program!
2) Value It
- You may take a tax deduction for your in-kind contribution to the fullest extent allowed by law.
- Please talk to a tax professional or visit the IRS website to determine the value of your donation.
- Values should be based on the “fair market value” and should take into consideration the year, designer, style, condition, etc.
- Our pricing starts around 50% off the retail price. Most dresses are priced between $150-$900. Visit our FAQ to learn more.
3) Pack It
- Please pack your wedding dress in the most appropriate size box, as it will help save on shipping costs!
- While we appreciate wedding dresses arriving clean, we can take care of the dry cleaning! We don’t have a condition requirement. We accept previously worn, unworn, altered, samples, etc.
- We’d love an optional $25-$50 donation to help resell your dress, but it’s not required! Make a monetary donation of any amount online or mail a check with your donation!
4) Mail Or Drop Off In-Store
Brides for a Cause
2505 SE 11th Avenue, Suite 120
Portland, OR 97202
***We have four locations, where you can mail or drop off your dress! You can donate it to ANY of our Locations!! We happily accept dresses year-round at any of our locations from brides all over the US and beyond!
In-person donations may be dropped off any time during store hours! Contact us to find out our Store Hours.
If you are a bridal store, designer or manufacturer that has multiple wedding dresses to donate, please visit our Bulk Donation page for details! We can help pay for the shipping for bulk donations, so please read through the how-to guide for bulk donations and send us your donation details, so we can set up your shipment! For questions about bulk donations, please contact (503) 282-4000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your generous donation!
By donating your wedding dress, you are giving another bride an opportunity to wear your wedding dress (and feel just as beautiful as you did), helping the environment and raising funds for a great cause!
For more information, please visit our FAQs or contact us at email@example.com / (503) 282-4000.