Are you a bridal store or designer looking to donate multiple wedding dresses? We LOVE receiving bridal samples from stores! We work with hundreds of bridal stores each year to accept their overstock, underperforming and discontinued samples.
We appreciate your interest in donating your samples to support our cause. Brides for a Cause is a nonprofit organization that collects and resells wedding dresses to raise funds for charity. Funds raised support a variety of local and national women-focused charities. To date, we have collected over 25,000 dresses and have given away over $1,875,000 to charity. For more information about the causes your donation will support, visit Our Cause page.
Brides for a Cause is always accepting wedding dresses 5 years and newer, as well as bridal accessories.
If you are donating on behalf of a bridal store, we can set up and pay for the shipping! Please follow the how-to guide below and email firstname.lastname@example.org you have any questions about the process! We look forward to working with you!
Here’s A Quick How To Guide
Currently accepting dress donations within the last 5 years or newer in any style, any size, any condition.
We also accept bridal separates and bridal accessories such as veils, sashes/belts and headpieces.
1) Fill Out Bulk Donation Form
- Download and complete the BULK DONATION FORM & optional INVENTORY SHEET. If you have your own inventory sheet, feel free to provide.
- To help with inventory and pricing, an inventory list with designer, style, size and retail prices is appreciated. We don’t have a condition requirement (dirty/damaged samples are accepted!)
2) Value Your Donation
- You may take a tax deduction for your in-kind contribution to the fullest extent allowed by law.
- Please talk to a tax professional or visit the IRS website to determine the value of your donation and/or if an appraisal is needed.
- Values should be based on the “fair market value” and should take into consideration the year, designer, style, condition, etc.
- Our pricing starts around 50% off the retail price. Most dresses are priced between $150-$900. Visit our FAQ to learn more.
3) Pack Up Items
- We can pay for the shipping!
- Please pack up your items using large boxes and pack as many dresses in each box as you can to save on shipping costs.
- Bulk donations are typically shipped using UPS, so boxes compatible with UPS are highly encouraged.
- Please remove hangers and garment bags from the dresses – and fold up the dresses in the boxes.
- Make a monetary donation of any amount online or mail a check with your donation!
4) Send Donation Details
- Once items are packed, please email the following information to email@example.com, so we can set up and pay for the shipping:
- Donation Form & Inventory Sheet
- Store Name & Address
- Box Dimensions & Approximate Weight
- If a UPS Pick-Up is Required
5) Put Pre-Paid Shipping Labels On & Ship
- Once we receive your box details, we’ll provide pre-paid shipping labels within 1-2 days.
- If you prefer shipping your items on your own, feel free to ship them to any of our our Locations. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to give us a heads up and include the bulk donation form in your box, so we can issue a tax receipt!
6) Look Out for Tax Receipt
- Once your donation is received and processed, a tax receipt will be mailed to you within 4-8 weeks for your records.
- Feel free to contact us if you need your tax receipt sooner or need it again!
Thank you for your generous donation!
By donating your bridal samples to Brides for a Cause, you are making room for valuable space in your store, passing along showroom samples to our brides (who will love them), helping the environment and raising funds for a great cause! Funds raised from reselling your samples will support various local and national women-focused charities. For questions about donating in bulk, please email email@example.com.
If you are an individual interested in donating, please visit the Donation page for individuals to get started!
For more information, please visit our FAQs or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org / (503) 282-4000.