Thank you for your interest in partnering with Brides for a Cause on its Holiday Dress Drive! Below is information to participate in this Dress Drive as a Bridal Store Partner to help collect donated wedding dresses for our cause! The Dress Drive will be held from November 30-December 31. Dress drive partners are able to select their own dates and drop off times during this time.
To participate, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can add your store details to our website and provide the donation form material!
What: Brides for a Cause is hosting a Holiday Dress Drive to encourage brides to donate their wedding dresses during the holidays!
We’re partnering with select bridal stores across the country to give brides a local drop-off option during select dates.
When: Starting November 30 (Giving Tuesday) through December 31. You may select your own Dress Drive dates during these dates. We ask that you offer special “drop off” hours during select dates. Contact us with your dates/drop off times, so we can add them to our website!
Who: Bridal stores all over the country who would like to accept dress donations on our behalf to help raise funds for women’s charities! To participate, please contact us at email@example.com! Please provide us with your bridal store name, address, phone and email, preferred Dress Drive dates and drop-off information!
Goal: To collect 1,000 wedding dresses in a month!
Become a Dress Drive Partner!
As a Dress Dive partner, you’ll be collecting dress donations on our behalf.
You’ll need to:
- Screen and collect dresses
- Collect donation forms
- Communicate tax receipts will be mailed directly to donor by Brides for a Cause
- Box up and ship the dresses to Brides for a Cause (we will pay shipping!)
- Promote the Dress Drive!
- Screen and Collect Dresses
Brides for a Cause collects wedding dresses and bridal accessories from the past 5 years.
- Wedding dresses 5 years and newer
- Samples, new and once worn/altered dresses
- Dirty and slightly damaged wedding dresses
- Bridal accessories including veils and belts
We don’t accept:
- Overly stained or severely damaged wedding dresses
- Custom wedding dresses
- Vintage wedding dresses older than 5 years
- Prom dresses
- Worn/dirty special occasion dresses
- Collect Donation Forms
You will receive a donation form for brides to fill out and accompany with their dress. Print out a bunch of blank forms for brides to fill them out at your store!
- Collect a donation form for each dress
- Ensure the donation form is complete and includes a mailing address for the tax receipt
- Attach the donation form WITH the dress, so the form stays with the dress. This ensures we know which form goes with which dress.
- Questions about the write off value should be directed to their tax advisor. Typically they can write off the “thrift shop value,” which is what a charity stores like Brides for a Cause can resell the items for. A genera value is starting at 50% off retail, and go down from there based on condition, year, etc.
- Multiple dress donations can use one form. Just make note on the back details about each dress.
- Optional monetary donations may be paid via PayPal on our website (top right pink button!)
Donations must be dropped off by December 31, 2021 to count for a write off in 2021
- Tax Receipts issued from BFAC
Donations are tax deductible! Donations support a variety of local and national women-focused charities. Brides for a Cause will mail a tax receipt to each donor once the dresses are received after the Dress Drive. They can email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
- Box & Ship Dresses
Once the Dress Drive had ended, please contact us to arrange the shipping. Brides for a Cause will cover the cost of shipping.
Box the dresses:
- Pack the items in boxes.
- Put as many items as you can in each box. Keep the donation forms w/ each dress.
Ship the dresses:
Please email email@example.com the following details by January 5:
- Box dimensions & approximate weight
- Store name & address
- Store hours
- If you need a UPS pick up scheduled
Once we receive the box details, we’ll email the pre-paid shipping labels within 1-2 days. At that time, we’ll also confirm any pick up scheduled w/ UPS.
- Help Promote the Holiday Dress Drive!
Brides for a Cause will be promoting this Holiday Dress Drive on its website, social media, bride blasts and local media outlets in our area – and yours!
This is an excellent opportunity to support our organization by collecting wedding dresses! As a Dress Drive participant, local brides have a place to drop off their dresses locally!
We’d love your help promoting the Holiday Dress Drive!
- Encourage your past brides to donate their dresses!
- Post on social media
- Add to your website and blog
- Send a press release to local media
We look forward to having you as a Dress Drive partner to collect wedding dresses on our behalf and raise funds for charity!
For questions, please contact Erin Scharf via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (503) 282-4000 Boutique / (503) 348-1108 cell.