Brides for a Cause teams up with Brides Across America every July and November to offer FREE wedding dresses to local military brides, first responders as well as COVID healthcare workers, during the annual “Operation Wedding Gown” events, which are held at over 60 bridal salons around the country, including our 4 stores in Portland, Tacoma, Seattle and Sacramento!
Any bride who qualifies and registers in advance can get a free dress during the giveaway dates! Signing up for this event is a 2-part process! Once event dates are confirmed and registration opens up on the Brides Across America, you can sign up on the Brides Across America website and pay the $50 registration fee and then “reserve a room” with us to shop at the BFAC location where you signed up with BAA. Links below! Space is limited!
NEXT GIVEAWAY: November 8-14, 2021
Registration has CLOSED as of October 31.
Space is limited!
We’re giving away free wedding dresses to qualified and registered brides who are on active duty, a veteran of the military within the past 5 years, a first responder, or is marrying someone who is. The event will also help front line hospital employed brides who have assisted in the COVID-19 pandemic. The COVID brides must work at a hospital as a nurse, doctor, or patient care technicians and work directly with COVID patients. You must provide valid documentation of employment.
If you answer ‘Yes’ to 1, and also answer ‘Yes’ to criteria 2, 3 or 4 below, you qualify.
- Are you engaged and planning a wedding within the next 18 months? If you answered yes, you need to also answer yes to one of the following 3 questions below to qualify.
- Are you or your fiancé in the military either on active duty, or a veteran within the past 5 years? You qualify!
- Are you or your fiancé a first responder in the front line of harm’s way? We understand there are many valuable first responders, though the giveaway per BAA Guidelines only applies to the following:
– Police Officers
– Correctional Officers
If you or your fiancé are working as any of these types of first responders, you qualify! All first responders must provide us with a valid work ID or an official letter of service.
- Are you a hospital employed bride to be who has assisted in the COVID-19 pandemic?
You will need to show a valid ID and provide valid documentation of employment. We appreciate everyone in the community that has shown support. Here is the list who qualifies for the program:
– COVID nurses
– COVID doctors
– COVID patient care technician
If you answer ‘Yes’ to 1, and you also answer ‘Yes’ to criteria 2, 3 or 4 above, you qualify.
Please understand, Brides for a Cause doesn’t set the qualifications! This event is put on by Brides Across America and they are the ones who set the rules! We partner with Brides Across America and graciously offer up our entire inventory for military brides and first responders to choose a wedding dress free-of-charge!
We understand there may be other deserving First Responders, but at this time, Brides Across America has chosen to give away free wedding dresses to only those who are active police officer, firefighter, EMT/Paramedic, correction officers and brides who worked in the hospital during COVID as COVID nurses, doctors and patient care technicians. Thank you for understanding!
How to Register:
Registering is a 2-part process. You must FIRST register with Brides Across America before October 31 and pay the registration fee. SECOND, after you sign up with BAA, you must make a room reservation to shop at Brides for a Cause during the giveaway dates! Links below!
- Sign up and pay the registration fee on the Brides Across America website! If you don’t see the dates yet, please check back on the BAA website for open registration.
- Once you have signed up on the BAA website and paid the $50 registration fee, make a reservation to visit Brides for a Cause location you selected (Portland, Tacoma, Seattle or Sacramento). Check our Locations page for more details. Due to COVID-19, brides may only shop at ONE of our locations and only make ONE 60 minute reservation to shop during select event dates. Brides will also be limited on the number of dresses they can try on (15 dresses for 60 minute reservations and 5 for 30 minute reservations). You must also follow all Safety Measures and Rules to visit our locations.
Required Paperwork Prior to Event:
Once you have signed up for an upcoming event and have Reserved a Room, we will email you a Qualifications Application to be filled out before the event so we can verify you’re qualified.
What to Bring When you Shop:
- Valid ID: On the day of the event, registered brides must show valid ID upon check in.
- Proof of Enrollment or Employment: Registered brides must show proof of enrollment, deployment or veteran in the military (you or fiancé). First responder brides must provide valid documentation of employment as one of the four qualified first responders (you or fiancé). COVID-19 pandemic hospital employed brides must provide valid documentation of employment as a doctor, nurse or patient care technician in a hospital (you).
How it Works the Day Of:
Make sure you are registered with BAA and have a 1 hour reservation time slot to shop with us during the event dates. Arrive at your reservation time and bring your ID and completed BAA paperwork provided by us ahead of time. We will be contact registered brides ahead of time to confirm qualifications and obtain proof of service. Please also bring this information with you.
Once you’re verified, you will be able to shop among our ENTIRE inventory like any other dress to find a gown – but yours will be free! You’ll need to follow all the rules like any other bride while in our store. Don’t forget, due to limited space, BAA brides may only shop at ONE of our BFAC locations and only make ONE reservation to shop. Brides will be limited on the number of dresses they can try on during their visit just like any other bride (15 dresses for 60 minute reservations and 5 for 30 minute reservations). We offer free 24 hour holds.
You must also read and follow all current rules and safety measures currently enforced at our stores due to COVID, including:
- Reservations required
- Masks required regardless of vaccination status
- 3 person guest limit (Bride + 3 people)
- No children under 12, including babies
- No food or drink (water is okay!)
- Must get in and out of dresses yourself or with the assistance from your guests. Our stylists are available to clip and zip at their own comfort level
- Encouraged to keep a distance from other shoppers
For a complete list, please visit: Rules and Safety Measures page!
Brides for a Cause – Portland
2505 SE 11th Ave, Suite 120
Portland, OR 97202
Brides for a Cause – Tacoma
2711 6th Ave
Tacoma, WA 98406
Brides for a Cause – Seattle
6514 Roosevelt Way NE
Seattle, WA 98115
Brides for a Cause – Sacramento
1114 21st Street, Suite B
Sacramento, CA 95811
Can’t make the dates? We offer a year-round discount to our military brides! Brides for a Cause offers a year-round 20% off discount to military brides! Either the bride or the bride’s partner must be in active duty or a veteran to receive the discount.