Brides for a Cause has teamed up with Brides Across America this July to offer FREE wedding dresses to local military brides and first responders during the annual “Operation Wedding Gown” events. This July, we are expanding qualifications to include front line hospital employed brides who has assisted in the COVID-19 pandemic.
Any bride who qualifies and registers in advance can get a free dress during the giveaway dates! Space is limited!
Scroll down or visit our events page to register!
NEXT GIVEAWAY: July 10-13, 2020
We’re giving away free wedding dresses to qualified and registered brides who are on active duty, a veteran of the military within the past 5 years, a first responder, or is marrying someone who is. This July giveaway, we’re also giving away free dresses to those who are front line hospital employed brides who have assisted in the COVID-19 pandemic. The hospital employee brides must be COVID nurses, COVID doctors or COVID patient care technicians and provide valid documentation of employment.
If you answer ‘Yes’ to 1, and also answer ‘Yes’ to criteria 2, 3 or 4 below, you qualify.
- Are you engaged and planning a wedding within the next 18 months? If you answered yes, you need to also answer yes to one of the following 3 questions below to qualify.
- Are you or your fiancé in the military either on active duty, or a veteran within the past 5 years? You qualify!
- Are you or your fiancé a first responder in the front line of harm’s way? We understand there are many valuable first responders, though the giveaway only applies to the following: – EMT/Paramedics – Firefighters – Police Officers – Correctional Officers If you or your fiancé are working as any of these types of first responders, you qualify! All first responders must provide us with a valid work ID or an official letter of service.
- Are you a hospital employed bride to be who has assisted in the COVID-19 pandemic? You will need to show a valid ID and provide valid documentation of employment. We appreciate everyone in the community that has shown support. Here is the list who qualifies for the program: – COVID nurses – COVID doctors – COVID patient care technician
If you answer ‘Yes’ to 1, and you also answer ‘Yes’ to criteria 2, 3 or 4 above, you qualify.
Please understand, Brides for a Cause doesn’t set the qualifications! This event is put on by Brides Across America and they are the ones who set the rules! We partner with Brides Across America and graciously offer up our entire inventory for military brides and first responders to choose a wedding dress free-of-charge!
We understand there may be other deserving First Responders, but at this time, Brides Across America has chosen to give away free wedding dresses to only those who are active police officer, firefighter, EMT/Paramedic, correction officers and brides who worked in the hospital during COVID as COVID nurses, doctors and patient care technicians. Thank you for understanding!
How to Register
- Sign up and pay the registration fee on the Brides Across America website!
- Make a reservation to visit Brides for a Cause location you selected (Portland, Tacoma or Seattle). Check our Locations page for more details. Due to COVID-19, brides may only shop at ONE of our locations and only make ONE reservation to shop. Brides will also be limited on the number of dresses they can try on (10 dresses for 60 minute reservations and 5 for 30 minute reservations). You must also follow all Safety Measures and Rules to visit our locations.
What to Bring
- Valid ID: On the day of the event, registered brides must bring proof of service and ID upon check in. Please bring your ID, plus a valid Military ID that proves military enrollment or a badge that proves first responder service for you or your fiancé. COVID-19 pandemic hospital employed brides must show a valid ID and provide valid documentation of employment as a doctor, nurse or patient care technician.
- BAA Paperwork: We will email registered brides paperwork to fill out. Please bring the completed paperwork with you.
How it Works the Day Of
Make sure you are registered with BAA and have a 1 hour reservation time slot to shop with us during the event dates. Arrive at your reservation time and bring your ID and completed BAA paperwork provided by us ahead of time.
Once you’re verified, you will be able to shop among our ENTIRE inventory like any other dress to find a gown – but yours will be free! You’ll need to follow all the rules like any other bride while in our store. Don’t forget, due to limited space, BAA brides may only shop at ONE of our BFAC locations and only make ONE reservation to shop. Brides will be limited on the number of dresses they can try on during their visit just like any other bride (10 dresses for 60 minute reservations and 5 for 30 minute reservations). We offer free 24 hour holds.
You must also read and follow all current rules and safety measures currently enforced at our stores due to COVID, including:
- Must wear a mask
- May only bring 1 person
- No children
- No food or drink
- Must get in and out of the dresses by themselves
- Must keep a distance of 6ft from others
For a complete list, please visit: Rules and Safety Measures page!
Brides for a Cause – Portland
2505 SE 11th Ave, Suite 120
Portland, OR 97202
Brides for a Cause – Tacoma
2711 6th Ave
Tacoma, WA 98406
Brides for a Cause – Seattle
6514 Roosevelt Way NE
Seattle, WA 98115