Brides for a Cause is a nonprofit organization that collects and resells wedding dresses to raise funds for charity. Originally founded as a for-profit business in 2012, Brides for a Cause became a nonprofit organization in 2016 and gained its 501(c)3 status in 2017 to make a greater impact in the wedding industry. Instead of being tied to just one mission, our funds are dispersed among a variety of local and national women-focused charities. Have a charity you want us to consider supporting? Fill out the “Nominate a Charity” form!
Each year, we partner with various local and national 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations to provide financial support. Types of beneficiaries we fund include those that:
- Support women with serious health issues, specifically pertaining to the top two women killers: cancer and heart disease
- Promote positive self-image and self-esteem for young women
- Support women in the military
- Provide relief for single mothers, abused women and women who are disabled
- Promote opportunities for women’s education and women in the workforce
Our monetary gifts are usually given in $10,000-$20,000 increments. About 90% of our net income goes to directly to helping other charities. Since 2012, we’ve given over $600,000 (and counting!) to charity!
In 2018, we have already given away $30,000 to Abby’s Closet, The Ruby Room and Fighting Pretty! We’re on track to give away $175,000 in 2018!! Nominate a Charity!
In 2017, we gave away $120,000!
- $20,000 to Wish Upon A Wedding in 2017
- $20,00 to Brides Across America in 2017
- $20,000 to Dress for Success in 2017
- $10,000 to Abby’s Closet in 2017
- $10,000 to The Ruby Room in 2017
- $5,000 to Fighting Pretty in 2017
- $10,000 to Bradley Angle in 2017
- $10,000 to Hayden’s Helping Hands in 2017
- $10,000 to Young Women Empowerment in 2017
If you are interested in receiving funds for your nonprofit organization, please fill out the Nominate A Charity form!